Thread: 981 gts
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
papasmurf

I can't see them making it any faster than a carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
I feel that if there is a boxster GTS it should at least be as fast or faster than a 911 S, but if this was the case i would imagine them charging 100k plus for the boxster.
As fast as the base carrera maybe... (which it is pretty close already) but the step up in cost to the carrera S is substantial and it would not make marketing sense to have a boxster/cayman variant on par in performance with a 911 that is 30k+ more in cost. I have heard rumors of the GTS variants too and some website reportedly had spyshots but they really did not look all that different from what I could tell. The GTS will probably have a mild performance bump and have some options packaged together with perhaps some mild styling additions that will likely become standard issue in another model year or two across the lineup. I would much rather see them come out with a mini GT3 variant (aka boxster spyder/cayman R) than an options laden GTS variant. I was not really a fan of the GTS 997 (though people say it is one of the best of that series) as the 997 lineup was becoming way too complicated and clogged up with variations and trim levels not to mention that you could get most in a C2,C4,Cab,C2S, etc.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote