KevinH1990

2001 - I'm Not Going To Pursue It

I saw a 2001 advertised in the local paper. Here are the details:

2001 Boxster
18,000 miles
Triple Blue (Top, body and interior)
5 speed
6 CD Changer

He said the car had minor scratches on the passenger-side wheels.

I did a check on Edmunds. It's just about $21,000 for a trade and $23,000 for a Private Party Sale.

He needs to sell the car to finance a land purchase. He had taken it to Carmax and they offered him $21,000. He's asking $24,000. He was very talkative, but he really didn't listen when I told him I wanted a PPI. It also sounds like he has a lien on the car, and is in a big hurry.

I didn't feel comfortable talking with him, so I didn't put much effort into pursuing the car. I don't necessarily think that there is anything defective with the car, but I didn't want to start arguing over something basic like a PPI.

If the car is still available next week I might try him again and see if he calms down a little and allows time for a PPI. If all he can get from Carmax is $21,000, I don't know why he would turn down $22,000 or even $21,500.

Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions? I'm not willing to compromise on the PPI even though he says the car was serviced by the local Porsche dealer (Euroclassics) and I assume I can confirm the service record.

Thanks again.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote