View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #26
Uncle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbth
Good points Randall!
However,since the parents are fairly wealthy , the young man will always have a different perspective on the value of money than the rest of the world.
But his chances of being an as*hole are about the same or less than the rest of society.
More will notice if he f*cks up , because higher visibility.Hopefully the parents have instilled the proper respect for all things ,material and otherwise.

As for the power of the car , very valid point , and I hope he doesn't take driving lessons from donjuan143 from bahrain!

My teenage daughters will be getting used cars Hondas when they start driving in a few years.They will not drive my Boxster!!!
After they learn to drive , I will do my very best to get them into a used and safe BMW 3.
I agree, although Randall...saying "I don't have kids" kind of negates a lot of it. I've had 4, on my last one and he was bought a car....a '91 Mazda 323. Not pretty, not 'fast and furious' but very reliable, easy on fuel and cheap to keep. One before that got an '89 Ford Aerostar. If I could afford one, I still would not buy them anything fancier than that for a first car. I agree on letting them learn responsibility on something less than a Boxster, for instance. But if Slayer here is 21, he has hopefully already demonstrated his ability to be and act responsibly. I hope you get one, buddy! One thing to suggest would be a driving school geared toward safety so you can learn the Boxster's limits on a track, not under a semi!

Peter Schwarzenbauer

My car @ Car Domain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled02.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote