View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
I agree with the others stating it's BIN price is too expensive. Also, Porsche made quite a few changes in 2003 so their statement about being able to buy parts back to 97 isn't entirely true. For example the headlights, taillights, front and rear facias, and convertible top are different / new for 2003. You'd have to find 03 or 04 parts. This one also has the bikini bottom steering wheel, which is less common than the 4 spoke wheel. Will be harder to find a bikini airbag. Sincs it's an S, you'd need a 3.2 and 6 spd. These are a few of the things you'll be up against trying to rebuild this car. You wouldn't want to mix wrong parts into your restoration if you don't want to be laughed at by other Porsche owners or when you go to sell it. There's a lot of expensive parts missing on this one.

If you're still interested (against all our better judgement) and you can get an address, I'd be willing to go take a look at it since I'm in OMA. You might throw a $1200 bid at them and see what they do. Let me know if you want me to look at it.
3 spoke wheel became standard on 2000 "S" & 2001>& newer