View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
flynavyj

New here, and thinking of getting a boxster.

Hi,

I've lurked on the forums for a few days and read through a several threads regarding common problems, reliability, etc. What do you guys think of this ad?

I have a couple concerns, the cosmetic damage to the bumper doesn't bother me that much but makes me wonder if there's other damage on the car that didn't get fixed because it wasn't "worth it". The oil leak could be the RMS issue, and if so will require removing the transmission to access, which means I might as well jump in a do the clutch too. 63k miles for a 1999 doesn't seem like a lot of distance on the car, but at least it didn't sit in a garage it's entire life.

So how easy would it be to rule the RMS as the culprit? If I even moved to look at this vehicle, i'd plan on getting a PPI done at a reputable dealership and then negotiate price.

This would be my first porsche, and I know it's been said many times that the cheapest boxster to buy could end up being the most expensive boxster you own. Thanks for your help, i'll be sure to stick around the forums for a while to run ideas past everyone, and this seems like a fairly helpful place to be.
flynavyj is offline   Reply With Quote