View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #37
uladzislau

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
Has someone actually SEEN the throttle body closed while you are driving and shifting gears? Like, keep engine cover off, passenger stares at throttle body while driving? If its revving up and NOT stumbling or missing while shifting, then it is probably getting proper air and gas, which could only mean ICV (unlikely it can provide enough air flow for redline/high RPMs), or throttle body.

How much flow across the maf are you seeing when the problem happens? The same flow as intended full throttle on the pedal? That answer should debunk a few myths here
The engine runs just fine, no power loss, revs up as usual. I don't think there is lean/rich mixture problem here. Now, the throttle plate does not get stuck otherwise I would redline the engine the second I press the clutch pedal. Rather it's get a little bit of air in to keep the RPMs around 3K when engine is not under load. It totally looks like ICV porblem but I have swapped the ICV already for a new one and the problem persisted. Actually engine's idle became less stable with the new one so I cleaned and swapped back the old ICV yesterday.

MAF registers very little air flow when RPM get stuck, of cause not the same airflow as while I'm driving. Again, if the throttle plate would be stuck I would redline and fry the engine in seconds while shifting .

Thanks for the reply, still digging in.
I'm investigating AOS/oil fill tube now...
uladzislau is offline   Reply With Quote