Thread: hahha ricer
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #16
wild1poet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephidaboost
I guess I've witnessed too many of these guys flying in and out of traffic inches from my bumper w/music blasting. Fast and Furious is playing on repeat in these kids head. There ARE still guys who tinker on their cars like they did 30 years ago... but these arent those guys. Most ricers arent even motorheads at all, ask one about his cam. They just want to look fast, and drive as fast as their I4 will take them. To the .01% of honda enthusiasts that truly tune and repect their car and other drivers, I apologize.
Could be an east versus west difference. I see way more Bimmers, Lexus, Infiniti's, Audi, Volvo, MB's car jammin. Last night going home from work a 3 series Beemer cut across 3 lanes to get his exit forcing us all to hit the brakes. But I'm in the Boston area which is the 4th highest per capita income area. Ask the average Bimmer guy what a cam is? A guy at work with an Audi A4 had to have his car towed because his accelerator was malfunctioning. Turns out the floormat was pushed up against the pedal. He thought he had a sudden acceleration problem. My point is there are poseurs in all classes. The real deals are out there.