View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

What have you done to break the stereotype?

Pull up to my house today, lady out front with her hood up. Hospital across the street. She looks right at me, then turns away, then as I pull in (have to hit my driveway apron just right to not scrape or touch rims) she reluctantly asks "excuse me, do you have any cables?" I say, I typically do but need to look (I keep a spare battery and a charger but don't always leave the cables at the house). Turns out I had them, and backed down the driveway to give her a jump with the Boxster.

I'm hooking up, and she says (after the whole 'where's the engine' bit) "When I saw your car, I thought to myself there's NO WAY this guy will help....thank you, thank you, thank you!!" and I was a bit taken back, because it was certainly no problem to help. Jumped a 90's Dodge 4-dr something...

I really don't think Porsche owners are judged fairly. Just because that car is spotless and runs flawless, and looks fantastic, doesn't make me some stuck up jerk who won't help someone when he can....

Just say'in..........
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote