View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #289
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edreamsz View Post
Thanks for the tip,,,The dreaded happened to me,,I thought that the headlights where adjusted properly. This was sadly not the case (by a very small margin!)

The projector scratched the inner lens!

So, I am looking to see if somebody that is an expert in headlight restoration can remove the scratches. The scratches are fairly deep and won't just buf out with scratchX.
That's a bummer. Sorry to hear about your trouble man.

regardless on how severe the scratch is, the only way I see one of those lens coming back close to original is under-water polishing, or micro filling (vacuum?). An eyewear professional locally or the-like will be able to advise on the correct procedures I'm certain. Just pray one is not too busy and happy to take your lens job quickly.

My dad had an old collection Pentax (glass) lens restored from the dead once and it came out 98% almost perfect. He sent it to one of those guys in the trade, and got it back polished the following day. I'm only hoping there must be similar ways to restore a poly lens

keep us updated