View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #7
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
If the motor is trying to lower the window, and the window is not moving you have extra slack in the regulator cable. This is a cheap easy DIY fix. Remove the door panel taking care to remember (or write down if you are me) where each screw goes - they are all different. Then pop the plastic push in fasteners loose by giving short sharp tugs around the edges of the door panel. If it doesn't not pop off easily, you missed a screw. There are threads on this forum showing you how to do this. In the front lower corner of the door there is a regulator pulley with a cable running in to a plastic collar. Pull back on the cable sheath while running the window up and down in small increments until you to get slack between the cable housing and the plastic fitting. Now the hardest part - work an 8 mm cable adjuster (from your local bike shop) into the slack space between the plastic fitting and the cable, you want that slack gone. I could only get 10 mm adjusters and they were a pain to work with, and when the bike mechanic heard what I was using them for he apologized for being out of the 8 mm. Turns out this is common on other cars as well.

You may have to shorten / modify the cable adjuster to get it in there, I had to shorten the one I had to make it fit. That's it. I did both of mine, cost me about 2 hours work and $5.00 for the cable adjusters.