View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #7
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckrikos View Post
I may do the wood on the shifter but nowhere else. I picked up this hand brake becsuse it was cheap i wanted to see if i could get away with not spending much.

The console i like, its a lot darker in person, the picture was taken with an 1000w spotlight providing interior lighting.

I want to get the weighted shifter next but but am deciding which to get. What I dont like about the wood is it adds another color into the cabin. If i decide on not getting a wood shifter then i need to spend 1k on a leather aluminum handbrake shifter or carbon aluminum.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I have a completely different series of 911 than you, a 993. On my car's series the weighted shifters came on Turbo's and S's, my car is a low optioned C2 which came with a rubber / plastic shifter body covered with the leather boot. The weighted shifters had a cast metal body covered in leather, they have much more of a heft feeling to them.

What is available for the 996 series when it comes to weighted shifters I have no idea, but since yours is a Turbo my guess is that it already has the upgraded shifter short of wood or CF.

If I were you I'd poke around this forum for ideas:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/996-turbo-forum-61/
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote