View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
denverpete

Yeah. I'd definately mention how much cheaper it is than say a Ferrari. Insurance is definately cheaper than a Viper. Maintainence costs are certainly less expensive than the Space Shuttle. It's safer than a bicycle on the highway. It gets better gas mileage than a Ford Excursion. Nearly every state has at least ONE certified Porsche mechanic. She won't have to worry about you hauling around 5 of your best friends (note: find ONE best friend). Oh, it's got more storage space than my Harley... Well, maybe not. But it DEFINiTELY has more cylinders.

Seriously, I think it's great you're thinking of a Boxster. But, I'm sorry, I just struggle with this as a First Vehicle particularly if you can't actually afford it yourself. How is this really YOURS if you're not actually paying for all of it? Does that mean that your Mom's on the hook for insurance and/or any maintenance or repairs? Can YOU afford it? If so - then GO for it. If not, you really need to move on.

Hey - just my opinion. I truly wish you the best and hope you get a car you love and enjoy.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote