View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I did this mod last week so I will break it down for you. The hardest part is cutting out the storages on the side,the rest is a piece of cake. I have almost no car knowledge and did it in 3 hours,your stealership is sticking it to ya. I bought my OEM parts through Mid-America on eBay for $198 shipped. You will need a glue gun,and dremel tool(I used a drill bit along the glue and slowly moved along the line) all other parts should be included in the kit. I did not have the chance to install the spun polyester like MNBoxster recommends but will in the near future. The wires for the speaker harness to the back of the receiver are not hard to route if you just run them under the passenger side panel,under the seat,and under the center console panel.MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY SO YOUR AIRBAG SENSOR IS NOT TRIGGERED.
From the sound standpoint it isn't "Eclipse,MB Quart or Zapco" nice but it isnt neglectible at the same time. The rear speaker kit contains 2 midranges on each side,and custom brackets could be made to put a tweeter in place of a midrange if thats your taste. The OEM speaker kit helps to fill in the passenger cabin with support from the rear. It is almost as if it adds more presence(not lows,mids or highs) to the music,ESPECIALLY WITH THE TOP DOWN. Hopefully you have the Hi-Fi option in your car already because the combination of the two actually are tolerable even with the top down.