View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
nobrakes

Cool

Im a Porsche newbie too. I have only had my 02 S for only 6 months, but I have been detailing cars,bikes and boats for 40 years........Heres a general rundown on keeping it looking great #1 Use only microfiber clothes to dry and polish car #2 Only use a high quality mild car shampoo to wash it. Make sure it has alot of lubriticity (makes the solution very slippery) so it doesnt scratch the paint and use a microfiber mitt. #3 Use separate clothes/mitts and soap solutions for the wheels and tires. #4 To dry the car after washing use an electric leaf blower followed my soft micro fiber towels. The dryer works great for seams and wheels. #5 Use a quality sealant on the paint and let it cure atleast 2-3 days followed by a quality carnuba wax. Sealant is great for wheels too. The combination of sealant and wax will give you the best protection and the best shine. #6 Use only water based rubber/plastic cleaners and protectants. They dont attract dust and dont make tires, dashes, trim too shiney. #7Dont use leather cleaners/conditioners with petroleum and harsh chemicals. #8 On the top use a canvas/protector product without silicones. #8 For windows dont use any cleaner with ammonia...........Always wash/wax your car in the shade and make sure the paint isnt too hot.
Some great products include Mequires shampoo with carnuba, Wolfgang 3.0 sealant, Chemical Guys Petes 53 carnuba wax, Chemical Guys Silkshine rubber/plastic protectant, 303 fabric protectant for the top and Lexol for the leather.............I just noticed the original post is almost 6 years old!
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote