View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #22
heliguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNICEBOX View Post
For me, it would have to be some stupidly high price to unhinge me from my car, but even at 2x it's value, I probably wouldn't sell. I do have an emotional connection to the car on a couple of levels; I bought it new in 2003 , optioned the way I wanted, at a time when my career was on the upswing - now after going through two corporate downsizings, it's a very different story unfortunately - so the car's a constant reminder of 'kindler/gentler' and happier times. Additionally, I tweak/customize and work on all my cars- this car looks and drives much better than the original. I routinely get lots of attention, compliments and thumbs ups at car shows - even from 911 owners , so in some respect, it has become partly a reflection of me. Always hard to give yourself away
I feel exactly the same way about mine. I have had it for five years and after a change in career and several moves up and down the east coast it has been the one constant in my life. I would have to say that I am emotionally attached to it. Now even trade for a 981, that's a no-brainer.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote