View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #12
Perfectlap

yes you found a real cream puff. (you posted that pristine red 2.5 right?)

but I have to tell you. I REALLY hate this notion that the Boxster is a "intro" Porsche. Perhaps only "intro" in that a 2nd hand Boxster is very affordable and allot of car for the 2nd hand money. But Its a roadster and there's nothing about a roadster that would make it more of an "intro" car than say a coupe. A GT2/GT3/Turbo definitely not "intro. Porsches", but a standard 911 is very driveable and has the same reliability of the Boxster.

Its apples and oranges in terms of utility.

And its not just the public that put this notion out there. I read an interview with American Porsche driver Patrick Long who said that until he became a full time Factory Porsche driver, Porsche would not lease him a 911. "the apprentice drivers were given Boxsters" said Long. As if to say you upstarts get a lesser Porsche. Sounds more like brain washing to me. "your ultimate goal in life is to drive a rear engine Porsche.

The 3.4 Boxster Coupe aka "CaymanS" will put all that nonsense to bed when people realize the 911 is a beautiful car but not the ideal Porsche sports car for competition.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote