View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
MNBoxster

Hi,

IMHO, each Car has it's Merits and it's Drawbacks. Certainly Performance goes to the 2.7 and 3.2. But, that's not of paramount importance to all Owners. I didn't buy mine for Performance. I bought mine mainly as a nice, stylish, Drop Top Boulevard Cruiser. Although I have Auto-X'd it, I don't consider it my Performance Car, I have others which outperform it.

On the Downside, the later models are much more complex w/ eGas, a more responsible DME, redesigned Fuel System, etc. and consequently more expensive to fix and repairs can be more major and offer fewer DIY opportunities, this may concern you.

The 2.5 Models are bound to become the Classics and if you're planning on hanging on to it, they are the 1st True Boxster and offer 99.9% the experience - they're the Pre-A 356's of the Line Up. They will probably be the 1st to rise in Value, this may be of concern to you.

And, remember, this is the Car which Porsche Designed, later Models are improved mainly because you can't keep a Model Static and expect to increase Sales - they Have to improve. The improvements aren't so Large, only by comparison.

The Bottom Line is to buy the Best Car you can find for the Money you have to spend. You'll be much Happier with a Cremepuff 2.5 than with a cronically ailing 2.7 or 3.2. And if an appropriate Later Model doesn't come along now, there's nothing preventing you from upgrading later on. Good Luck!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 02-20-2006 at 03:28 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote