View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
I read from many of you about the droning issue related to many after market exhaust systems and a few that have indicated that they have setup that is not too loud at full song and quite when cruising with no dreaded drone between 2k and 3k rpms. I am looking to swap out the stock set up (too quite compared to my old 964 with cat deletes and dual outlets) for something a little more visceral but no drone. I'd also like to delete the second cats and hopefully get a few more horses and better throttle response out of the deal. I've read that the top speed cat delete and muffler set up gets the job done. True? What about other setups that you can vouch for?
I have an 01 S and did the Top Speed muflers, and they droned at about 2700rpm, so I added the TopSpeed 2nd cat deletes and the drone is gone and the exhaust sounds awesome without being too loud.

However and unexpected and even nicer benefit is the nearly instant throttle response that makes the car leap off the line, and the power comes on much faster.

Shifting aggressively into 2nd can even squawk the tires. It makes the engine feel more powerful.

Not sure if there iz more HP but it certainly feels good and adds to the funfactor.

I highly recommend it and at only $500 its a worthwhile upgrade.

Do the underdrive pulley as well and you will get some more hp as well.

UD pulley is next on my list.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote