View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #170
Slate 01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk View Post
I took my Toyo Sports exhaust off and put the std exhaust back on - resonance took the pleasure out of driving the car. It's a tiptronic and the box generally keeps the revs in the 2000rpm range until you are over 60mph, or you keep it in manual mode. Pity really as there was a noticeable increase in performance with the sports exhaust and it sounded good, when it wasn't resonating!

I've now drilled 2 x 10mm Crios holes in the pipes (thought I would start small). Definite increase in sound when idling but nothing really at higher revs - as you would expect. Think I'll take it up to 1/2 inch (13mm) and see how that changes things. I'll also record the sound and post it in case anyone wants to see the difference - unfortunately don't have a recording of how it was originally.
I have a 2001 base and have been apprehensive about just drilling holes in the stock exhaust. Concerned with resonance and such. Would love to hear your impression of not only the sound but the general resonance issues or any positives and/or negatives. I am looking for a little meaner sound but really don't want to make the car an annoyance to drive at particular rpms. Yeah I guess I am wanting to have it all.
Slate 01 is offline   Reply With Quote