View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #213
alanqning

Cool

I need to visit Shanghai sometime soon, this looks awesome. I'll try and get in contact with you if I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Hey James. Nah the roads in China are some of the best in the world. 50% of them are <10years old. Sure some are much old however extremely well maintained. Mind you, a Shanghai private car plate (required for locals, and foreigners as well of course) cost US$13,492 (or CNY85,000). With 25million residents, many of those owning cars, believe when I say the dept of transport has a great financial support and deliver quite well in that respect.

The inter-provincial roads/freeways being by far the best and coolest (not a single 1" wide crack in those). They use a sort of high abrasive asphalt -mix- with concrete. Those are the ones that my Boxster sees the most frequently really (monthly!).

^ We also have the ring in SH! Can't see clearly but there are 3 levels on that ring. This is the first time my little Porsche have seen human vomiting.... I was ramping down at over 150kmph (the guy who barf'ed in my car is not my friend anymore). I normally (rarely) never exceed legal speed limits... talking karma huh
alanqning is offline   Reply With Quote