View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #209
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
Are the roads outside the city of high enough quality to run your Boxter? Seems like either they would be there new and awesome, or not at all. And you car rocks, kind of goes with the city. Love your style.
Hey James. Nah the roads in China are some of the best in the world. 50% of them are <10years old. Sure some are much old however extremely well maintained. Mind you, a Shanghai private car plate (required for locals, and foreigners as well of course) cost US$13,492 (or CNY85,000). With 25million residents, many of those owning cars, believe when I say the dept of transport has a great financial support and deliver quite well in that respect.

The inter-provincial roads/freeways being by far the best and coolest (not a single 1" wide crack in those). They use a sort of high abrasive asphalt -mix- with concrete. Those are the ones that my Boxster sees the most frequently really (monthly!).

^ We also have the ring in SH! Can't see clearly but there are 3 levels on that ring. This is the first time my little Porsche have seen human vomiting.... I was ramping down at over 150kmph (the guy who barf'ed in my car is not my friend anymore). I normally (rarely) never exceed legal speed limits... talking karma huh