View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
rondocap

Thanks for the responses guys!

Some comments:

As per the buttons on the steering wheel for shifting the PDK, this is how I feel about them:

Yes, the sport steering wheel with real paddles looks more appealing and motorsport inspired. But truth of the matter is, the buttons really work just fine when you get used to them. It's actually a lot of fun to use, and very easy to do so. Took me very little time to get used to their function. I drive in manual mode a lot - on the highway, in the curvy roads, etc - and they are easy to use, never do I get confused with their direction.

Secondly - you guys are right, you can get a serious "value for money' proposition if you find the right car.

Here's how I feel: I took a look at the newer 981 cars. Off the bat, the design outside and inside are better.

But, when I break it down - the newer ones have nearly the same engine, PDK, navigation, and overall "feel" as my 2009 Boxster.

So you get a very similar driving experience behind the wheel of a 2009 S as you would with a 2014 S. The difference here is nearly $40k-$50k to have that very small improvement.

That makes a depreciated car outstanding value for the money.
rondocap is offline   Reply With Quote