View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #199
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhh my View Post
I believe you misunderstood my previous comment... But in reply to your post anyways.. As you may know, i'm soon going to be ordering a kit from you. I've been following this thread since the beginning and one of the main reasons why i'm selling my factory installed litronics is because of your detail to precision.

My comment above is referring to the angle of the HID light and shining through the polycarbonate headlight lens at an angle. In your example of shining laser through the polycarbonate lens, i'm assuming you used a laser that was shined perpendicular to the lens creating a clean beam on the other side. I asked if holding the laser beam at an angle less than 45 degree would still produce as sharp of a laser point on the other side.
Nah, even if you shine it at 89 degree angle to the lens it will go straight in. The poly is amazingly well vacuum i.e. no (read ZERO) microscopic air bubbles.... unlike in cheap Made in Asia polycarbonates.

Seems to be the real deal. I bet the team at Porsche have already considered this optical angle when selecting/manufacturing their headlight material (all porsche cars have inclined lenses). actually, all other sport & super car manufacturers as well.

No sweat there! It shines nicely