View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #195
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhh my View Post
Can someone post up a picture of the HID's on at night against a wall? I feel as though the way the curvature of our headlights is shaped, takes away some of the sharpness of these projectors versus a headlight housing on a bmw where it's lens which is nearly parallel to the front of the projector. Our lens have a sharp angle and the light has to shine through an angled lens. which is close to 45 degrees.
Mate, you do realize that our Porsche car headlight's lenses are made of some of the best polycarbonate you can find/make today right? They wouldn't last more than a decade on public roads if they were made of substandard poly resin. The elliptical phases aren't affected by the material Porsche uses I reassure you. You can quickly do a test at home if you want; e.g. just aim a hand-held laser beam through the lens. The laser beam will remain straight and the diameter of that laser beam will remain the same (in & out).

Regardless, you are lucky it is our monthly Porsche out day tomorrow for us here in Shanghai. I'll see if I can find you a wall somewhere.

[EDIT: irrelevant details removed]

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-04-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote