View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
cfos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Some writer for that show must have had a woodie for the water-cooled Carreras apparently (typical LA status driver derp).
Only a pseudo car guy/poser would come up with that premise for a comedy. The average person on main street doesn't know that 996 Cab and 986 are two different cars. Hollywood is not Main Street of course...

P.S.
that's a 2000 S. Probably faster and better handling than 90+% of all Porsches made before that year. Which is why I bought one!
It looks like they slapped on standard 16" wheels from an older Boxster to make it look less appealing, along with the bra.
Or maybe it was just a joke? I think having a "bra" also lends itself to being used in a "girl" joke (not that I fashion myself as a screen writer, but there is a clear connection).

Not all shows are consistently funny, just look at the first season of Seinfeld when it was on Wednesdays. I don't normally watch the Men show, but a quick search states that the episode was from 2005, and yet it is still being broadcast. Guess enough people think it is.

Personally, I really don't think too deeply about "enthusiast" versus "non", nor do I really value one's opinion over the other versus what makes me happy/satisfied. I think too much time is spent worrying about what other people might think. And if you are into that, I highly recommend going to the styleforum.net site and posting something positive about any brand of shoe other than Allen Edmonds. You'll be sure to find several enthusiasts o'er there to talk about that kind of stuff with the same lack of levity and authoritarian opinions as to what is right and what everyone is thinking, where they are mistaken, and what they should do instead (buying used AEs on eBay seems to top the list of alternatives for not buying AEs new, for those scoring at home).

Last edited by cfos; 01-03-2014 at 04:29 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote