View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #91
pepe82

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbodzin View Post
I'm in the process of doing a SC install as well. http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/49610-installing-imagine-automotive-super-charger-my-1998-2-5-boxster.html

I learned that Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner is the company that TPC uses to do their tuning. So I called Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner and spoke with the owner about getting my 1998 2.5 Boxster DME done and he said that TPC uses the UniChip (Unichip Automotive Performance - Homepage) piggyback for those installs. No need to reprogram the DME with the UniChip.

I was happy to hear that, as I had already bought an Apexi Neo AFC. But he told me that I would still need to get the timing adjusted. The UnChip does both Air/Fuel and Timing. So it sounds like a better choice. I found another solution for my timing so I don't have to get the DME programmed.

He also mentioned, that you would typically retard the timing 1 degree for every 1 PSI of boost. Does that sound about right?
Thanks for the info Miles! Most help full!

I've been reading your sc installation topic all night, great work.

Did I understand right, I would only need the Unichip(=piggyback) (and the Apexi would only be for additional monitoring if so wanted)?
pepe82 is offline   Reply With Quote