View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
Perfectlap

8 months later you decided you wanted another Boxster?
I seem to recall your having almost immediate separation anxiety from the moment you handed over the keys!

But well played, a year ago a 987.2 would have cost you quiet a bit more from what I could see in listings. Next winter when a 987.2 or 997.2 is fully a year out of warranty, they will be the best deal on modern Porsches in quiet some time. There are just so many second-hand Porsches in the market now and lending will probably tighten up over the next year with the Fed finally starting to scale back. More cars, less borrowing.

p.s.
I would argue that a well maintained 986 S with IMS already replaced (and serviceable -- you don't need to spend $3K for an IMS swap), a new waterpump, AOS and shocks for mid-teens is the best deal of all.
You're pretty close to depreciation floor in a Porsche that is NOT neglected and performs well and still have $15-18K in your bank account over a 2009-2011 Boxster.
Problem is most owners with these cars know it's a good deal, don't miss the payments (or one big payment) and won't part with the car after all the work.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-02-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote