View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
jb92563

If you are tracking you should also do the underdrive pulley so that you dont overheat your power steering pump.

I removed the second cats on my 01 S and added some after market mufflers and the improvement in responsiveness to throttle inputs is very nice. No lag at all now, it just responds instantly.

It just feels like it leaps off the line and meshing into 2nd sometimes squawks the tires when everything its timed right. It feels really good and fast now.

Its the single best mod, bang for the buck with TopSpeed mufflers and second cats delete pipes for only $550 and an easy DIY job. It also sounds fantastic too.

I'll be doing the underspeed pulley next as that also gives you some extra HP on top of saving your steering pump.

With 9 quarts of oil already and the S's big oil cooler I dont know that extra oil cooling is needed. I think the oil sump baffles and accu sump might be better options if you are doing lots of fast high g cornering to keep the oil circulating properly.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 12-26-2013 at 09:43 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote