View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #13
Swhitcomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
It sounds like a simple fix. If they make good on their offer be sure to post that on yelp as well.
I will. I find it hard to take Yelp seriously when you find people that only post negative. I post positive experiences too, and allow the company time to change my opinion before I just post a negative review.

Generally though, I have a very negative view of modern mechanics. They've stopped being mechanics, and become parts replacers. If it gives an O2 sensor code, they just replace it. They don't follow the diagnostic tree on WHY it threw on O2 code. I've seen it time and time again with friends and family member's cars. Within a few 100 miles the CEL comes back on, and they're out the price of an O2 sensor and labor, while the original problem still exists. OBD II is a great system, but very missused. People go to Autozone, get the code read, they replace that part. That's not how OBD II is supposed to work. It's why I do all my own work. I don't hold out too much hope they will get it right, especially because it's a Subaru/Kia dealer, but I could be wrong and very happy.
Swhitcomb is offline   Reply With Quote