View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
pierre shags

different colour paint job?

I've had my 2006 Boxster S for seven years and 75,000 happy miles now. As a daily driver it has numerous little scratches, chips, etc but no big dents. But I'm no longer proud of how it looks. I've given up on super-careful hand washing and am now using the dreaded 'foam brush.'
So the whole thing needs painting. Went to the shop recommended by the local Porsche upkeep guru, and he said $3500-$4000 in the same colour. Another $1500 or so if a different colour.
My lapis blue is sweet and a major factor in choosing this car. But I'm thinking of a brown (Cognac?) Porsche did a few years ago on the Panamara, I think - very elegant. It has the leather 'Sand' interior already.
Does anyone have experience painting a dark car a somewhat lighter colour? What do you think of the price (given that it is high quality shop)?

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote