View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Ckrikos

I do expect 1800 cars to lowball me, that's why I'm trying to find a dealership with a turbo to sell me. I might be able to get a little more for my car if I'm trading it in for one of theirs. I have an amount I wouldn't go below as it just wouldn't make sense. I'm not a distressed seller if I don't get what I want ill just hold off on the turbo. I want it but don't drive much so am not in the biggest hurry. I would drive the turbo more as I can take the kids out since it has back seats. I'm also looking for the right price on the turbo, and everyone is about 4-5k more than what I expect to pay for a 40k mile car. I'm expecting to pay 36k, but all I'm finding is 40k firm. Found one seller with a 7k mile car looking for 52, but that's a little too rich for me.

The problem with the boxster is that it can't be priced too high as then you get into 911 c2 territory. I found a 99 911 c2 for 16k. I figure my car is worth (market value) between 10-14k. I also think 14k will be difficult to get as people don't consider the maintenance they just want to get in cheap.

I want the turbo because it is a completely different experience driving that car. I feel the 996 won't be very different.

Last edited by Ckrikos; 12-14-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote