View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Ckrikos

What would you do?

So I have been out looking for 996 TT's I may pick up an 02 with 40k miles. The problem is I don't want to get rid of my boxster as I have dumped so much money into her and because I have had her since new. I was also looking at a 99 996 that has had a fair amount of maintenance completed but no new IMS bearing, just flange. Holding onto two cars appears impractical as I'm not Jay Leno, although I like the idea of a car collection, my 986 just wouldn't get driven. I also haven't driven the 99 yet, I'm sure it's no turbo.

I was thinking of taking my car to 1800 car cash, as I have no patience to deal with countless buyers. They claim my car is worth 8500-11500. What do you guys think its worth.

2002 2.7 lapis blue graphite grey 47k miles, with psm, heated seats, and hard top, upgraded shifter handbrake

The car is in great shape paint is like new. Recently added aerokit 2 bumper and skirts
Carrera classic 18" rims with brand new Michelin pilot super sports. Rims were repainted and finished Ina high gloss on the outside and in the barrels.
I am about 8k miles into the brake pads on the original discs, recent flush with ate blue and SS brake lines.
Recently replaced the clutch, AOS, 2 chain tensioners, thermostat, water pump, performance pulley, completed 60k service, replace transmission fluid.
I also recently added an after market double din nav

The only problems with the car are a minor cam cover leak on the drivers side and the steering wheel is a little bit off center due to sloppy alignment at the shop that installed my tires.

The car had been in a minor low speed accident 5-6 years ago that dented my rear quarter panel. Cost 2500 to repair.

In any case I have an idea of what it's worth, but am curious what everyone thinks.

Last edited by Ckrikos; 12-13-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote