View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
newob

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
If you have the knowledge, guts and wherewithal to do this yourself and plan on keeping the car long term I would replace all of the above while it was in front of you, just my opinion. The car and your wife are beautiful, if you plan on keeping both long term you might as well take care of them, dealing with potential future issues now will prove worthwhile down the road. My write up on the IMS / Clutch install when I did it a few years ago, feel free to PM me:

IMS, RMS, Tranny R & R Tips - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums
I am undecided whether to do the IMS myself or have someone else do it. I lack the awesome garage that you have and would have to do it in a carport. My friend worked at sears as a mechanic, and also is in the process of restoring a Mitsubishi Eclipse 4S. Although we could probably do the job, I don't know if it would be worth the time as it would take us a lot longer than a professional. If I did it, I would want to do it right and do a very clean thoughtful job of it. A place in GA stated that just for the IMS, labor alone would be 740. plus parts. If I did it myself, it would take probably several days, and I could work a couple days overtime and have that paid for.
I do enjoy learning how things work and feeling the satisfaction of knowing that I put part of the car together.

regardless who does it, I want it done sooner rather then later.
the real question is, which car will be more fun to drive, a Boxster S, or a turbo eclipse?
newob is offline   Reply With Quote