View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #71
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

The temp was in the high 20's druring the early morning drive from LA to Rosamond. With no heater and no windows, I had to wear a lot of layers to keep warm!

Just before the first session, there were snow flurries visible which turned into a steady rain once the session started. Lots of slipping and sliding around, especially for the guys running Hoosier and Michelin slicks. I was glad that I still had windshield wipers and Toyo RA-1's with at least DOT tread!

By mid-morning the track was dry and speeds were fast - just had to be patient to get the tires fully up to temp. A couple of Spec Boxster's were doing 1:33-1:34 lap times.

The wind kicked up in the afternoon and for a short while was blowing hard enough to create a sand storm at the Turn 9 apex. I went through Turn 9 twice completely blinded by the sand!

Sunday was again cold in the morning but the remainder of the day was sunny and near perfect conditions to set a fast lap time.

At the end of the POC racer's clinic we had our first race and with two laps left I put two wheels off in Turn 9 when attempting a pass for the BSR lead. Dang, I really wanted to win.

Overall fun, fun, fun. But a little cold too.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote