View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
AUDIOGUY

Good info. I have a 1128 code on for the last few weeks. I have cleaned the MAF and reset the code... It came on about 1 week later again. History on the car is I have installed an Evo Cold Air Intake kit in September and changed the exhaust to B and B at the same time. No problems till about a month ago. I have suspected a fuel pressure problem at idle sometimes as I have a noisy or whining fuel pump. The car has 25 k miles on it and seemingly no service issues. The last thing I can do on my own is disconnect the battery to have the computer re-learn the mapping and hope for the best. I have run some fuel injector cleaner not too long ago and am not sure if this contributed to my CEL or not. It is frustrating even for me and I am in the auto repair business! My next stop is to a great local Porsche shop... Brother to Brother. Hopefully, they can check my fuel pressure/ injector situation and if no other problems are found, reprogram my engine management system to compensate for the increased airflow from the Evo intake.

Sounds kind of pricey!
I will keep you posted.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote