View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #2
MNBoxster

Hi,

Interesting post, but the reply doesn't seem to consider the Lister's Cause and Effect.

I suspect that given the other person's similar experience with the same product, that it has something to do with the Injector Cleaner they used. That this Cleaner either has substances which contaminated the OČ Sensors reactive Ceramic, or burned much hotter, ruining the Heating Coils in the Sensors.

Subsequently, more Exhaust elements were able to condense on the Sensors rendering them incapable of producing an In-Spec electrical signal. The DME then interpreted these Off-Spec signals as a Lean Condition and one which exceeded it's maximum allowable threshold, triggering the CEL. In other words, I don't think he's running Lean, I believe that his DME has been tricked into thinking he's running Lean. Before I went tearing into the Bottom of the Engine, I would 1st eliminate this as a possible cause.

To be sure, dirty MAF or the introduction of additional, Unmetered, Air would cause a Lean condition just as the respondent states, but I don't think that's where the problem lies or the solution will be found. 'Course, either of us could be Right, or Wrong...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote