View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
twindrop

Back from (kind of) storage

Now this is an interesting story I suppose. 3 years ago I dropped the car off at my fathers house since I bought a new Opel Astra for my day to day commute. The car had 60K miles on the clock and I just had a new gasket fitted along with 2 new side radiators. Other than that, there was no other job done or preparation for what lied ahead.

1K days later (don't ask me why or just check out my location settings) I have decided that its not worth having the car parked at my dads house so I decided to save as much as i can nowadays and go for it. Had the car for 3 years by the way at the time with full service history (official dealer which I guess now I cant afford). The car was covered on the driveway, however there were no axle stands. Off course the car's tank was empty if you are asking.

So now comes the question 3 years later than that date. After much research I have decided to do the following things in order to get the car moving again.

Oil and Filter - Live in Greece so what oil would you suggest? Read somewhere about 10W40 or 15W40 that they may help regarding IMS (which is not changed).
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter
6 Beru Spark Plugs
4 tires since the old ones (although brand new at the time) have flat spots.
poly-v belt

After some further reading, I might be renewing brake and transmission fluids.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks

Danny
twindrop is offline   Reply With Quote