View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 05:29 AM   #13
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
How long could I last with CEL P0134 on without damaging the car? Im not cheap or trying to push it off but I dont have money to spend after several purschases,rear speaker kit,MAF and a whole bunch of CDs(I wouldnt have bought the kit and CDs if I would have known this would happen). With code P0134 stating 02 Sensor CKT No Activity(Bank 1 Sensor 1)),should I check to see if the plug came loose first before ordering a new set? After my new MAF shows up should I install it clear the CEL and see if P0134 comes back on?

Hi,

Certainly you should determine if it's a wiring problem or a Faulty OČ Sensor because if it's in the wiring, a new Sensor won't fix it. Do you have a multimeter? If so, you can check continuity. With the Sensors removed, you can Bench Test these as well (see my previous post on Testing OČ Sensors). If you have exceeded, or are approaching 60k mi., replacement is a good idea anyway.

So far as driving the car with the issue present, you won't be helping the Car. The DME will go into a default MAP, running rich, on adjusted Timing. The Car's Performance and MPG will suffer. In addition, the less than optimal A/F Mixture can potentially cause damage to the Cats (Much more expensive than a couple pair of OČ Sensors).

It used to be that to an extent, you could ignore a Faulty Emissions System. But, in Today's Cars, the systems are so intertwined that all sorts of negative effects can be realized. Get it fixed as soon as you are able. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote