View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
"Reasonableness" is the key on this topic, and as with most things, what is reasonable io one is sometimes questionable to another. In the case of a three hour drive, that lacks reasonableness; but at the same time having the seller tell you that the car can only be PPI'ed at the shop of his choice, or only certain things can be looked at, and worst of all, being told that only the seller can see the results of the check is just plain nonsense and completely unreasonable. And yes, I have seen these exact boundaries placed on more than one car.

If you can't come to a "reasonable" agreement on what the PPI will be, time to walk away..........
It looks as if we are on the same page after all. I took your prior post "walk away if the seller places any boundaries" as to suggest the seller forfeit any say in what the prospective buyer wants / where to check the car out, for me that would be out of the question.

Side note; the PPI that was ultimately performed on my car was by a local shop who builds 911's for Lemans and Grand Am teams, and their cars regularly win. Sgt Brad was the buyer of the car and he paid for the PPI. Brad contacted me a few weeks after the sale and said the shop came back after him for an additional $500 for repairs that they had "an invoice dispute / discrepancy" over. I was a bit surprised at the whole scenario but got involved and talked to the shop since they were local and it was eventually dropped.

My guess is that you see the other side of the spectrum being a shop owner, it's just that my limited exposure to P-Car PPI's as a seller has been a bit sour.

P.S. Knowing now what I wish I knew then there a 2 or 3 shops within an hour from my location that I'd completely trust.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote