View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Crono0001

Crono 2: The Tofu Car!

Thought I'd give you guys an update on what I have been doing.

As some of you know, I'm Porsche-less for a while (Getting a 3.8!!), and need something to play around with while the 986 is in surgery. I picked myself up this little AE86:

So I know most of you aren't really interested into this kind of thing. And that most were kind of amazed that I bought a 30 year old Corolla as my 2nd project car, and didn't really understand why.

For those of you unacquainted with the AE86, and don't know what Initial D is, this is the last RWD Corolla. It's also the predecessor to the BRZ/FRS (hence the Toyota code FT86/GT86, after the AE86).

Video comparison here:
Toyota AE86 vs GT 86 review - Auto Express - YouTube

This little car is a go-kart! If you thought the Boxster was fun to drive, you should all take a few twisties in this thing! It's slow (VERY slow), but it turns on a dime and is so much fun to drive! Driver's car, through and through. This gives me the exact same driving feel as the Porsche with a third of the power and a tenth of the cost.

I also decided to pick up this thing:

If you don't recognize that, it's an F20C engine and transmission from a Honda S2000, putting out roughly 240 horsepower with VTEC kicking in at around 8000 RMP. With it, I plan to do this swap:

ae86 f20c - YouTube

That is, an S2000 in AE86 clothing. It'll give me more power to weight ratio (the AE86 is only 1800 lbs) than most cars on the street, without taking away from the go-kart driving feel.

Should be a fun build.
16 Mercedes C450 AMG
22 Tesla Model X Plaid
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote