View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #16
trimer
jakesbox

Talking

My 03 was local to me so my drive home was 15 miles. My 02 was in ATL which is 6 hours away (longer if you are NOT driving a Porsche ). I flew up on a saturday and drove the car home. SITE UNSEEN (except pics). Matter of fact I had to pick it up at a dealer in ATL because the day before, the seller was cleaning the car, put the top down and the window decided to quit!

That was the most fun in a car I ever had. I told my wife to keep her phone near by in case I broke down and I had my AAA card with me as well...backpack full of water and essentials and a big ass grin on my face. My route after Atlanta was very long and straight and not much around...but you could not have paid me to trailer that one home... You can always route your trip to make sure you are going through places where some of us 986 owners are.

It shouldnt take you 30 hours...more like 25 as I guarantee your foot will be on that gas pedal!!!

Good for you regardless of how you get it there...just enjoy it!:dance:
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote