View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
RustyMon

3.4L Engine from 1999 996 - Complete/Well Maintained

Hello to you 986 owners... If I didn't have to squeeze 2 toddlers in the car I'd be one of you! I am selling a complete engine from my 1999 Carrera Cabriolet and found out this was a popular swap for Boxters as well, so am posting this for sale listing here.

I have a virtually complete engine and can include exhaust if needed.

About the "donor" car: 1999 911 C2 Cabriolet with 110K miles. Everything was in perfect running order when the engine was removed. It's condition was documented by a local Porsche repair shop and expert (see below). Engine was well maintained, the mechanic noted a handful of newer parts, but I do not have any history as I purchased the car approximately 5 months before I began converting it to an electric car (click here to read more about that).

CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS AND OTHER PARTS I HAVE FOR SALE

Feel free to post or PM any questions about the engine here. I'm pretty much looking to get asking price here, so please, no low-ball offers. Thanks!

UPDATE: The Porsche mechanic that test drove the car before engine removal AND the same one who removed it, has said he's willing to talk to any serious buyers about his findings. Note that he was employed through my electric car engineer, thus I have no relationship with, nor do I know this mechanic. He should be a good third party to verify condition, etc. ALSO, I have a bid from this same shop to replace IMS for $200 labor plus $650 part. I'd be happy to facilitate getting this done before shipping the engine to its new owner, if you feel it necessary.

Here is a list of all parts and prices: (not sure if any of these are good for 986s)
air intake-filter box - $50
dash audio/radio equalizer control unit - $40
complete exhaust - $200
coolant lines and reservoir - $40
engine compartment cooling fan with light - $65
engine rear mount plate - $100
engine wire connector bracket - $15
fuel tank - $125
fuel fill tube - $20
fuel tank bleeder valve - $40
fuel sensor unit - $50
fuel tank - bottom cover - $50
fuel tank mount straps - $20
fuel vapor canister - $50
h20 heater lines (trimmed a bit) - $10
heat shielding-rear bumper - $40
heat shielding upper rears - $40
heat-noise pad holders - $10
vac or fuel vent line - $20
power steering pump reservoir - $25
motor mounts - $40 for the pair
plastic air intake box for rear decklid - $20
becker tape deck/radio - $25
1 pair stock speakers - $25
water line - $25

ALSO not pictured but also have for sale... PM for photos or request here and I'll add them
4 spoke steering wheel (grey) with airbag (needs new rubber mounts) - $150
rear tail-light housings (both sides) - $75 ea, $130 for the pair
headlights (both sides) missing rubber surround seals - $50 ea
headlight mounting plates - $55 for one, $100 for the pair
McIntosh MC420 Stereo Amplifier (new in box) 4x50 watts- $450 - SOLD
Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3 3-way speakers (used) - $1200 (in EXCELLENT shape)
RustyMon is offline   Reply With Quote