View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
eli cash

Time for a new top. Asking a few questions.

So the temperature drop claimed my plastic window this weekend (only 52 degrees F though?). Now I'm in the market for a glass window. I'm looking at GAHH. Here's where I'm at:

Got quoted $1250 for top and labor. The other shop I called said they don't do Boxsters, but said the first guy is the best "top guy" in town. Sound like a good deal?

German A5 vs. Sonnendeck: Which one should I go for? Seems like the difference is A5 is supposed to keep out noise. Also, I didn't clarify at the time, but I'm assuming the quote I got is for the Sonnendeck since that with the A5 would be too much of a steal in labor. Will try to clarify later.

Glass top: I hear it makes getting to the engine a lot more difficult. Is it worth it? Will it add to my labor costs in the future?

Defroster: the installer said on my 2000 model the defroster cannot be connected. That makes sense, but I thought I read somewhere that the defroster actually can be retrofitted? Can it be activated through the rear view defrosters?

Color: Factory top was indigo/blueish on ocean blue metallic. I like the look, but do y'all have any other recommendations? I think black would look good (interior is black on blue) but it's also much more common (although cheapest option). Other colors?

Is GAHH where I should go or should I look at other suppliers?

Thanks for your input.
eli cash is offline   Reply With Quote