View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
luci5r

05 Boxster (987): Help with replacing some parts!

Hi!

Just joined & this is my first post. Hoping to get some help replacing some parts.

So I recently bought an '05 Boxster (987); it's got about 20K miles on it and seems to be in good shape. Do have some cosmetic/aesthetic replacements I want to make and I'm hoping to get some help with that.

I've taken pictures of everything to explain exactly what I'm looking to do. I might be a little over-ambitious, but I'm hoping to replace these parts myself, without taking it to a mechanic/dealer. These would have to be things that don't require any special tools & are basically "Screw On/Off" parts - otherwise it'll be a no-go for me. Not sure if it's possible or not, but here goes ...

So here's the first one; probably the most important. An idiot at a car wash - my main suspect - broke part of the "B" in the emblem on the trunk. At this point I'd like to replace the emblem with a newer one. Can I order this somewhere & replace it myself?

The Porsche insignia/emblem on the Steering wheel; their seems to be a lot of scratched, completely ruining the insignia. I don't know if this is possible to replace at all - and if so - how do you remove it & install a new one - and where do you get a new one from?

Behind both seats, there is a little cap type part - again - lots of scratches. I'd like to replace them both. Not sure how to remove them & install a new one, and if I can purchase them somewhere?

The main temp button the A/C scratched all to hell. Same question.

This is more of a body-repair question. There's 2 or 3 of these dug-in scratches on the body. What's the best way to get these out & disappear:

With the next two I'm being over-ambitious; not sure if it's at all possible to replace these ...

First one is the exhaust pipe; wouldn't mind taking this one out & installing a brand new one ...

and the parts on the 2 sides of the car ... don't like the color; I'd much rather have nice semi-gloss black ones to go ...

So that's pretty much it. Would really appreciate if I can get some guidance on where to purchase some of these parts & if/how they can be replace myself.

Thanks!

Last edited by luci5r; 10-22-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Initial Post Submitted Without Completion
luci5r is offline   Reply With Quote