View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
Porsche9

Very nice car! Love the hardtop.

New to the forum and 986s but not to the Porsche world.

I just bought a super clean guards red 2002 S with 41k, full service history (including a full service and all issues addressed) and a decent number of options including Litronic and Turbo look wheels from North Scottdale Porsche for $18k. The car was on the lot for 2 months and orginally they wanted $24k. I wasn't in a hurry to buy and had a very good selection of 986s to pick from so I used that to my advantage and worked three sellers (I looked at over a dozen cars). Even at $18k I didn't consider it a great deal but decent as I was willing to pay more for this car as it had the color combo I wanted and a recent service. The dealer even accomadated my request to put the car on a lift for me and open up the oil filter to view. Based on my recent prespective as a buyer and long time Porsche enthusist the $27k trade in offer sounds really good. For similar money you are talking early 987s which I consider more desirable. You may be able to get a little more but you may have to be really patient to find the right buyer.
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote