View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Sideways99

Sun Visors

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Just to clarify, the Porsche dealership was just telling me what the local Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) inspectors have done in the past -- failed vehicles without the stickers. (For the non-Canadian guys reading these posts, the government awarded a contract to one of our national auto stores, Canadian Tire, to do the inspections on RIV's behalf.)

The regulations are definitely there, but I think they are only enforced at time of import during the RIV inspection.

Porsche's solution of putting two new visors on for $575 plus labour plus tax is what some fussy Porsche owners might go for, to keep their babies "Pure!"

Not me though. I have heard anecdotally that people have gotten away with gluing on printed paper bilingual stickers, but that others have not. Depends on the guy (and what kind of day he's having), I guess. I'll try the paper thing and let you guys know how it goes!

I found a wrecker who will sell me used visors for $150 each, so that's the new worst case cost to pass the inspection.
Sideways99 is offline   Reply With Quote