View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
max_asdf

I went to check the area top of the coolant cap in the rear trunk and there was lots of condensation directly above the cap on the metal hood.

2 weeks ago the coolant cap was pulled and coolant was topped up, maybe 1L maximum was added. should it only start to leak now after such a long period of time? Today was a warmer day and I drove it longer than normal if this helps diagnose anything.

does this conclude that it is the radiator cap problem?

is there only 1 radiator cap to this car? I only need to replace the one in the picture correct? Hope this will resolve my issue...

ALSO:

I took it for two drives after posting this thread, to dinner and back, each one approx 20 minutes. after each drive i have yet to see any leaks.

I did hear some light knocking noises 2 days ago, when i put my ear close to the side vent. It was not extremely loud or abnormal so I left it, but something definitely sounded different. sounded it was ticking faster than normal. is this the water pump noise?

if it is the water pump, should it be dumping coolant on the ground every time i drive the car?

note: no low coolant light, or check engine light, no over heating.

thanks for all the help.

Last edited by max_asdf; 10-12-2013 at 07:05 PM.
max_asdf is offline   Reply With Quote