View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Mrleal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
I have a 02 S with a 3.4L swap. Relevant mods noise-wise would be a custom air intake, headers (removing two cats) and the Borla exhaust.

I rarely drive with the top up. (Why would I?) When I do, the whole car is louder than I would like for daily driving, but much of that it my suspension also.

Top down, the exhaust while loud when on it, is not bad at all during normal driving.

This might be the issue with many people regarding the Borla. I posted this a few years back on here somewhere: Borla changed their design of the mufflers at some point. My original set had smaller diameter mufflers and they had an annoying drone. A weld broke on that set, so they send me a new one. This "updated?" one came with much larger mufflers. It was night and day. Much quieter, no drone. I am really happy that I stuck with the Borla, after the replacement.

Maybe you can get the one on your car replaced with the updated one?
Probably mine is the old one because muffler seems to have smaller diameter. Car came with it and probably I cannot replace it anymore. As I live in South America, maybe I could try to bring a brand new Borla from US. I am now checking the options I have.
Mrleal is offline   Reply With Quote