View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
Chuckster54

Thanks to all for your input. The tire pricing came from online shopping the 19" tire currently offered on a new Boxster. It compares to about $1,500 for the tire coming on the 2014 Corvette. The oil change price came from the Porsche dealership where I will probably be buying. As long as the car is under warranty, I will be reluctant to do oil changes anywhere else.

The 2014 Corvette is a significant redesign. I've seen the first hardtop delivered recently in my area. Convertibles will commence deliveries early 2014. A few years ago, I would never have imagined that I would be considering a Corvette. I love the recent redesign of the Boxster. Both it and the Caymen are classic and timeless.

Of course I will drive both before making a decision. If I go with a Corvette, it will probably by an automatic. If I buy the Boxster, I can't imagine not getting it with a stick.

My Camaro is a 323 HP six cylinder. It replaced a V8 powered retro T-Bird, and I've never had any regrets. I doubt if either will compare with a 460 HP V8 vette. We'll see.
Chuckster54 is offline   Reply With Quote