View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
Mark_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by megapat View Post
Hi all,

May i ask a silly questions, what's the theory behind the loose spark plug that contributes to that chirping sound? I bought my car to the garage and he's an EX-porsche technician. He told me that he has never heard of car having loose spark plugs and if spark plugs are really loosen, the engine will be shaky and probably engine lights will be ON as well....

So is there anyone advice me on the theory of the loose spark plug?

I was told it mite be my camshaft or crankshaft (i forgotten which one he is saying) being loosen inside the engine....which requires taking the engine out for replacement and its COSTY sad....

He told me to live with it and continue driving.... The sound disappears when the temperature of the car is above 90degrees and all oil lubricartes the camshaft or crankshaft and engine....

Pls feel free to share any experience u had with these chirping sound or sharing any theory !!! Im very worried about my car and its reli giving me endless nightmares!!

Thanx
Pat
Look, this is real simple. Tighten the plugs. If the sound goes away then you have found your problem. If it doesn't then you need to investigate further. This problem has come up many times before in this forum (SIYF!) and it is invariably a loose plug.

As far as your mechanic, first telling you that your cam or crank is "loose in the engine", and then telling you to "live with it" - it would seem that you have your explanation as why he is now an EX-porsche mechanic. Get a new mechanic - this guy is obviously an idiot.

Last edited by Mark_T; 10-10-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote